NAFC CAREERS AND INTERNSHIPS
Learn about the available job opportunities and internships with the National Association for Continence.
We currently have several outstanding internships available for individuals looking to gain valuable experience at a not-for-profit organization. We are located in historic downtown Charleston, SC and offer free parking as well as a friendly work environment.
NAFC Centers of Excellence - 2014-2015
In 2010 NAFC established the Center of Excellence award as a highly recognized gold standard of incontinence care among patients and physicians. The purpose was to recognize facilities and institutions as first-in -lass healthcare providers for patients dealing with incontinence and pelvic floor issues.
Critical to the award was to be the evaluation of patient satisfaction and the creation of a national database that would provide benchmarking standards-of-care and patient follow-up.
The designation as Centers of Excellence would provide patients the confidence to locate a facility that was recognized as a leading institution in patient education and patient satisfaction.
· Bachelor’s degree required - currently working towards a Masters Degree (MPH, MBA) preferred
· Strong analytical skills and proficient with Microsoft Office
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Review application process (both certification and recertification), make recommendations and implement approved changes.
· Review site visit process, make recommendations and implement the approved changes including developing reporting process.
· Develop internal evaluation process (dbase or Excel) for applicants.
· Review and provide recommendations regarding the integration of HCAHP scores into patient satisfaction surveys
· Assist in the implementation of patient satisfaction surveys (on and off line process)
· Review benchmarking process and provide recommendation for data evaluation
· Input data from applicants and patient survey results
This internship will last approximately one semester but can be extended upon request. Upon successful complete a stipend will be awarded to the successful candidate. The internship will require approximately 1-20 hrs per week and does not include travel.
Social Media- Content Management Internship
Our target audiences spend a great deal of time engaging with friends and family via social media. NAFC’s primary point of contact with consumers is NAFC.org (with only minimal use of social media). Our challenge is to engage with consumers more frequently through meaningful interactions that provide the required information in a relevant and interesting manner.
Today, there is not a location where our audience can engage with others like themselves. Our objective is to build a community and invite broad participation. Hosting a community forum will enable NAFC to share stories of success as well as tips and tools regarding the management and treatment of incontinence.
Working towards bachelors degree in marketing, communication
Adapt with social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
Highly inquisitive -- has strong desire to know why
Strong analytics skills
The successful intern will help develop strategies and tactics to grow and promote the community forums. We will monitor the forums and share relevant topics across the various social media channels. We will follow all social media channels and share appropriate topics with the forums.
This position reports directly to Executive Director and to the Social Media Manager.
Candidates need to have strong research and writing skills and an interest in social media.
The Intern will receive a stipend upon successful completion of the project or with an investment of approximately 100 hours over the course of the semester.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Steven Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org.